About The Project
RCST worked with a large multi-site mining company to assist them to centralise key operational functions from several mines back to a central location in Brisbane. The new centralised operations centre enabled many procedures to be streamlined as well as encouraging innovative practices. The centre resulted in cost savings, operational efficiencies and the ability to implement multi-site safety systems.
RCST was selected to provide project management, design, implementation, installation, and the commissioning of three technical streams necessary for the development of the new centre. These streams included the two-way radio, network, and site services components of the project.
RCST had numerous team members involved across the three project streams listed below. Our teams worked on-site at the operations centre in Brisbane as well as at the mine sites preparing various systems to be integrated into the network.
Two-Way Radio Stream
- Design and installation of a variety of digital and analog radio systems
- Remediation of existing two-way radio site issues, including radio reprogramming
- Deployed new two-way radio management consoles to allow single operators to control functions across sites
- Implement trunked radio solution to streamline and optimise radio communications
- Project management and delivery
- WAN design and execution to improve redundancy and capacity for remote management
- Hardware refresh of all Process Control Network (PCN) firewalls
- Carrier service management
- Contractor and service provider management
- Management of change
Site Services Stream
- Power designs based on dual generators, automatic transfer switches and fuel cells
- Design and install CCTV security systems, as well as remediate any existing digital or analog cameras
- Variety of general services, including designing and installing the fibre and copper network infrastructure, and management of site electrical works
RCST’s Network Operations Centre was engaged to provide ongoing network management, incident management and change management services. Our expertise in IT service management practices using ITIL meant a consistent approach and was used across the multiple functions.
Contact RCST to learn more about this project.